About our Trust
Our mission statement
The Alice Ruggles Trust exists to raise awareness of coercive control and stalking, to ensure that relevant legislation is effective and adhered to, and to bring about lasting change in order to protect victims.
We aim to prevent what happened to Alice happening to others, by:
- raising awareness of coercive control and stalking and their dangers;
- working to ensure that stalking offences result in immediate action both to protect the victim and to deal effectively with the perpetrator;
- providing education and training;
- campaigning for improved legal measures; and
- supporting relevant research.
About our logo
We have a new logo!
Many thanks to Paul Johnson of PJD in Tur Langton for helping us with this.
Why the turtle? Simply because Alice loved them. They have become a symbol among her family and friends of everything we are trying to achieve in her name. The turtle on the logo was designed by Alice's cousin Reece Hills.
What's behind the strapline? A fundamental principle. If someone is being stalked, that needs to stop immediately.