Alice was kind, clever and beautiful. She had an infectious personality and an incredible sense of humour: she saw the fun side of everything. She loved life, loved her friends and loved her job. She had so much to live for. Tragically, Alice was murdered in Gateshead on 12 October 2016, aged just 24.
On 26 April 2017 Trimaan Dhillon was convicted of Alice's murder and sentenced to life imprisonment with a minimum tariff of 22 years. His controlling behaviour during their brief relationship had developed afterwards into a relentless campaign of stalking.
Alice’s story has also been told in been various documentaries and podcasts:
- “Murdered by my stalker” (5-STAR TV, 2018 and Channel 5, 2019; available on-line)
- “Judge Rinder’s Crime Stories” (series 4, episode 8) (ITV, 2019; available on YouTube)
- “It’s not your fault” (BBC Radio 1/1Xtra/4Extra, 2018; available as podcast)
- “Shocking emergency calls” (episode 1) (More 4, 2019; available on-line)
- “My daughter Alice” (“Real Crime Profile” podcast, 2018; available as podcast)
- “An hour to catch a killer” with Trevor McDonald (ITV, 2017)
Members of Alice’s family and other representatives of the Trust are involved in the planning and production of further documentaries and podcasts targeting different audiences.